Thursday, July 17, 2008

Asphalt Jungle

I couldn't believe my eyes the other day when I picked up a copy of Asphalt Jungle's 1979 rare disco single Freakin' Time for two dollars at a local record store that for better terms, obviously lacks in knowledge when it comes to rare disco. This is one of those records I thought I would have to order from acroos the world for a ridiculous price on EBAY or GEMM. The twelve inch record consists of two slightly different versions of Freakin' Time, with both being equally amazing. From what I'm able to find, it seems like this was the only release by this group which consisted of James Hicks and drummer/ producer Keith Benson who collaborated on many of the classic MFSB releases. I find that this rare funky gem gets better the more you listen to it, however you might just fall in love with the track, like many, immediately. Regardless, the chances of enjoying the track are much higher than finding it cheaper than I did.


Asphalt Jungle - Freakin Time Pt.1

No comments: