Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Feed The Flame

One my favorite tracks that I enjoy to break out every Wednesday is Lorraine Johnson's 1978 hi-energy disco classic "Feed The Flame". This track originally appeared on Johnson's second LP Learning To Dance All Over Again and was produced by Jesse Boyce and Moses Dillard, whom have been part of many solid disco projects including Saturday Night Band, Constellation Orchestra and Frisky. "Feed The Flame" is definitely my favorite cut from Johnson, however I also highly recommend people to check out her 1977 single "The More I Get, The More I Want" which was featured on her solid debut album. Overall, it's a perfect disco cut to play at those peaking hours on the dancefloor.

Lorraine Johnson - Feed The Flame

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Pat for this wonderful Disco Tune!!! This is one of my favorite Songs from Miss Lorraine Johnson (Learning to dance, all over again)...Xoxo..Luisito
fluis_angel@hotmail.com

Your Studiodisco blog is one of the Greatest!!!! Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

did you know the woman on the cover is a model and not Lorraine Johnson? True! In fact she was a big boned black woman who did studio vocals for various disco groups of that era. sad to say she wasn't 'marketable' to push sales on the album. many disco studio LPs did this (THP orchestra was one example).