Thursday, September 25, 2008

You Got a Slow Hand...
And a Smooth Touch

One of the more memorable cuts from this past Wednesday's STUDIO! was Karen Silver's classic 1981 disco cut "Nobody Else". This Gino Soccio produced song came off of Silver's second LP, Set Me Free. I hadn't played this track for quite a while with her 1979 "Hold On I'm Coming" usually getting more of the spotlight, however I thought I would change it up a bit and give the crowd something different. That being said, "Nobody Else" is probably my favorite Karen Silver track with it having a that Gino Soccio "stut-to-this" groove that made songs like "Try It Out" and "Dancer" such great classics. A great track that has been sitting on the shelves for too long.

Karen Silver - Nobody Else

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

super cover*