Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Black Moustache

A couple of years back, Black Joy released a 12-inch single featuring a couple of Prins Thomas edit's of their single "Moustache". When it came out I really enjoyed it, as do I with most of Thomas's edits, however recently have had a new found love for the track. I played it out a couple of weeks back just figuring to change it up a bit, however half way through the song I realized how amazing this song and edit is. I love when you listen to songs you hadn't heard for a while and discover a new found enjoyment, as if you'd heard it for the first time. Anyways, it's becoming a regular weekly Wednesday night cut at Studio! and a personal all-time favorite of mine. The 12-inch single, which actually features two different Prins Thomas edits was released by the house music label NRK back in 2006. I tend to prefer the A-side 'diskomiks' over the more dubby B side, however both edits are amazing. Overall, if you don't have this record, I highly recommend picking it up. The song makes a nice bridge between disco and house music lovers.

Black Joy - Moustache (Prins Thomas Diskomiks)

Black Joy also has a blog which they randomly post mixes and info regarding the group. You can check it out here.

No comments: