Friday, July 25, 2008

Pow Pow Pow...Shine Down On My Day

If you were to make it down to STUDIO! on a Wednesday night, one of the songs you are almost certain to hear is the overwhelming crowd favorite "Pow Pow Pow" by the italo group Capricorn. I picked up this hard-to-find 1980 classic about a year ago when I first visited New York, along with their self-titled twelve-inch "Capricorn" which in my opinion is equally as good. Both records were written and produced by Claudio Simonetti and Giancarlo Meo, who were also responsible for the legendary italo group Easy Going. Given the brilliance of every release Capricorn put out, which also included the classic twelve inch I Need Love in 1982, the group's existences was overall very short, releasing only three singles. That being said, they are all amazing italo classics and very hard-to-find, so if your lucky enough to find a copy, I would recommend forking out the money and picking one up. If not, fill free to stop by Wednesday night where you'll probably hear a track or two by the legendary group.

Capricorn - Pow Pow Pow

No comments: